Monday 6 April 2015

Editing: Time at the Coalface

I actually like editing. There, I said it.
Most people hate chopping and thrashing through the process, not me; I actually like taking the hatchet to the text
I've spent a disproportionate amount of time editing over the last week, and those of you who follow me on twitter will have seen the result: a pale, shadow of a guy with a weird, haunted look who mumbles to himself about oxford commas and character progression.
By doing this I've hammered the first chunk of Cutthroat into a really neat self contained extract, and I'm actually rather proud of the result.
I'm also going to make sure there's a bit of the edited extract up here and getting it done means that I can get Foresters up on the blog this week as another fun read for fans of grim medieval fantasy.

In the mean time, I'll be at my keyboard.
-Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment